- Length: 65:12 minutes (44.77 MB)
- Format: MP3 Stereo 44kHz 96Kbps (CBR)
On this episode of TTT we celebrate Open Education Week 2014 http://www.openeducationweek.org/ with:
- Karen Fasimpaur https://plus.google.com/u/0/104568675700472295751/about
- Verena Roberts https://plus.google.com/u/0/108390509469829218014/about
- Greg McVerry https://plus.google.com/u/0/+GregMcverry/about
- Ian O'Byrne - @wiobyrne http://wiobyrne.com/ https://plus.google.com/u/0/111576401886299659895/about
- Nate Otto @ottonomy / http://ottonomy.net https://plus.google.com/u/0/+NateOtto/about
We talk about open learning and open educational resources in K-12 education. We discuss the benefits and challenges of open resources, such as the new K-12 OER Community of Practice, http://www.k12opened.com/community/ and how online spaces like this and others might be used to support educators in opening up their practice.
Click Read more to see the chat that was happening during this live webcast,
and to find links to several of the resources shared during this episode of TTT.
Links to cool resources - some mentioned during the webcast:
Open Education Week - http://openeducationweek.org/ #OpenEducationWk
- proof of concept - examples
- make it fun (#walkmyworld, clmooc)
- opt in
- passion based
- projects - make bank for OER? correlation work?