53:38 minutes (24.56 MB)
November 7, 2010
Regular hosts: Dave, Jen, John
Guest hosts: Connie Sitterley, Teacher / Technology Integration Specialist from Pennsylvania
This Week's Menu:
Dave's Link: Leigh Blackall and the open phd. http://leighblackall.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-and-why-ill-do-phd.html and the response from Darren Draper. http://drapestakes.blogspot.com/2010/11/three-questions-for-leighblackall.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed:+DrapesTakes+(Drape's+Takes)
Jen's Link: Mashable recently posted a roster of "website designs" that blew them away in 2010 -> see http://mashable.com/2010/10/31/breakthrough-website-design/ ... so, with some pushing students to create / foster their "online identities" -> see http://twitter.com/#!/shareski/status/29421705996 ... what does "website design" mean to students (and teachers, instructional designers, etc.) in 2010? in 2015?
John's Link: Firesheep
- Using Wi-Fi? Firesheep may endanger your security http://articles.cnn.com/2010-11-01/tech/firesheep.wifi.security_1_wi-fi-...
- Firesheep not Evil, says Snooping Tool's Maker: http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9194463/Firesheep_not_evil_says_s...
- Security Now episodes: http://twit.tv/sn272 and http://twit.tv/sn273
Connie Sitterley: School Leaders' Opinions of 21st Century Skills: http://www.eschoolnews.com/2010/10/20/survey-reveals-school-leaders-opin...
- Survey was sent to district leaders who planned to attend the annual NSBA Ed Tech Conference-results were shared at the conference
- NSBA link (all links on the NSBA Top Stories were broken earlier today but seems OK as of 6:00 http://vocuspr.vocus.com/vocuspr30/Newsroom/Query.aspx?SiteName=NSBANew&...
- Resource link: http://ilearntechnology.com
- Wes Fryer on Firesheep: in reference to John's link: http://www.speedofcreativity.org/2010/11/01/firesheep-should-get-your-at...
- My website: http://4everlearner.com http://4everlearner.pbworks.com