- Length: 52:17 minutes (23.94 MB)
- Format: MP3 Mono 44kHz 64Kbps (CBR)
This show featured Clif Mims , a professor at Memphis State University, and Bethany Smith , an Instructional Technologist at North Carolina State University. Both of them work with pre-service teachers to help them learn about how to effectively use technology in the classroom.
We started off with our backgrounds, and what we were required to do vis-a-vis technology in our pre-service. Then we looked at these essential questions:
- Are pre-service teachers being well prepared for entering k12 classrooms today.?
- Are pre-service teachers bored in college lectures? Does this affect entry into the field?
- What are your recommendations for best preparing pre-service teachers?
Bethany felt that teachers needed to have a PLN through Ning, or another service, to go to. Clif thought they needed to see examples of teacher who are using technology successfully. Alice felt that with the advent of more scripted/prescribed curriculum, teachers needed to see what project-based learning looked like. It was a great discussion, and the text chat log below includes comments from teachers who are taking a class on education technology.
|Chat21.txt ||32.65 KB|