Printer-friendly versionSend by email
What an exciting group of teachers join us on this episode of TTT, recorded September 25, 2013. We talk about curriculum plans and using http://youthvoices.net together to connect our students and their inquiries. Enjoy this live webcast, and plan to join us soon on a Wednesday at 9PM Eastern/6PM Pacific.
Before all of that, at the beginning of this episode we take time to check in with a colleague who had been facing flooding in Colorado in the days before this webcast.
Joining us on this episode:
Griffina Blake Haley Sladek Joann Boettcher Karen Fasimpaur Maria Lam
Kiran Chaudhuri Marina Lombardo Jake Jacobs Tommy Buteau Aliyah Hayes
Click Read more to see the chat that was happening during this live webcast,
and to find a couple of links to the resources shared during this episode of TTT.
Notes from the Webcast:
Here's a Colorado flood story like the one that is recounted on this episode of TTT: http://www.coloradoan.com/viewart/20130916/NEWS01/309160031/Out-blender-into-surgery-Big-T-couple-recounts-flood-survival
Thoughts about things to discuss during Connected Educator month:
- referring other teachers/schools to related work -> more sharing
- getting teachers who are not currently connected connected - Isn't this a teacher equity issue?
- connecting with the community, local government, the arts, etc. - issues that matter to us
- teachers as professionals...how does being connected fit into this? does our profession adequately value our being connected educators?
Possible topics for a YV logistics/mgt show:
- How to manage user names and pws (not just on the system but assigning for easy mgt) - could also talk about file naming
- modifying the grid and remixing YV in general
- "what's next?"
- how can we best connect with other classrooms? (e.g. lit circles, art, This I Believe, etc.)
- Croc Docs - sharing, curating, and annotating reserach
- mentor texts (Kim at SDWP?)